To Our Holman Orthodontics Family:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Orthodontic offices in our area have been deemed safe through CDC, ADA, and AAO recommendations to resume seeing patients under several modified practice procedures. We will begin seeing patients (in the order they were canceled from our schedule and based on the procedure needed) in-office on Thursday, June 11th.
As we work through the hundreds of patients in need of returning to our office, we are unable to be flexible and “offer” appointment times. For the first appointment back, we will be notifying you of a date and time that has been reserved based on cancellation times, and our ability to complete specific procedures. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
When you receive the appointment information, please email to email@example.com.
If the appointment doesn’t suit, or text our office at 650-446-7008 to “confirm” or “reschedule. Emergency care will remain available as needed.
At the current time, the back-order of Personal Protection Equipment dictates the types of procedures we can perform our first few weeks of opening. In addition, due to a traumatic injury, we will be short by one team member for now.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and we all are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We have carefully considered and prepared for all of the new recommendations surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic before making the decision to reopen our office. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
In addition to the extra Personal Protection Gear our team will be wearing, Dr. Holman has invested in a medical grade Air Purification system, along with a night-time UV-C Sanitation system for further air and surface disinfection.
Our entire team has been recently tested for COVID 19, and we all have received negative results. We hope this gives you and your family peace of mind.
Updated Office Protocols
There are a few temporary, additional safety measures and protocols that we will be implementing to further protect our patients and our team during this time. Please read the information below for more details:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- The AAOIC Supplemental INFORMED CONSENT FORM (found on our website under Patient Forms) must be submitted to our office prior to a patient’s first appointment. Please click here to complete the form. We cannot honor an appointment without this on file.
- Please arrive for your appointment 10 minutes early.
- Your car is now your waiting room. Upon arrival, please remain in your car and call us at 650-257-3955 or text us at 650-446-7008 for further check-in instructions.
- Patients are requested to enter the treatment area alone. If it is necessary, only one family member may accompany a minor child to the chair.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- An Oxygen saturation level screening and temperature check will be performed. Any patient with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or more, or an oxygen saturation level of under 90 will be re-appointed to a later time.
- A mask, or nose and mouth covering, will be required by everyone who enters our office.
- Our tooth brushing station will be closed – so please take extra care in brushing and flossing just prior to your appointment. Use mouthwash at home, just before coming to the office. VERY POOR HYGIENE MAY RESULT IN HAVING TO BE RESCHEDULED.
- Use mouthwash at home, just before coming to the office.
- Do a thorough check to be certain all of your braces are firmly cemented or bonded in place. If you find anything loose – please call the office and notify us of this fact. We will be unable to fix loose bands and brackets that we discover on the spot due to time constraints imposed by our new scheduling protocols. We do not want you to arrive to the office only to be rescheduled if we discover breakage.
- Keep your mask on until you are asked to remove it for your procedure, and replace your mask as soon as the procedure is completed.
- Some treatments may be modified for safety.
- Some patient appointments may remain delayed, due to nature of the procedure (produces aerosol spray).
- After the appointment, we will schedule your next appointment and text you the details. You can text “C” to confirm that the day/time work for you, or “R” to reschedule.
- Unaccompanied minors will be given treatment information / update form to provide to parents.
We understand that there may be some patients who do not feel comfortable coming to our office yet and that is perfectly fine. We are happy to do whatever we can to assist you virtually. It will be necessary to complete and sign a virtual consent form for patients being received via video conference.
Certain procedures may be requested by Dr. Holman to be done virtually at this time.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends. Please know that we have huge smiles behind our masks and we can’t wait for the day when these precautions are no longer necessary!
Dr. Holman and Team